RGJ.com has a new look starting today — we hope you like it.
We know that you count on us to quickly get you the news you need. With that in mind, we’ve redesigned and reimagined our digital products to create a more streamlined experience and better organize the trusted content you rely on.
Here’s what’s new.
We’re easier on the eyes.
With more prominent, easier-to-read headlines:
- Our articles have a larger type size that is more readable.
- Bolder headlines provide a better mobile experience.
We’re more efficient.
Our redesigned homepage makes it easier to find the information you care about most:
- Our new site highlights the content that is most popular with our digital readers.
- We’ve organized the homepage and navigation menu based on deep data, ensuring the most critical content surfaces prominently.
- New navigational points create a sense of place and usefulness.
Scrolling through today’s top headlines just got speedier:
- We’ve implemented new scrolling capabilities that give you a smoother, faster experience when reading through our headlines.
- Pages load significantly faster, often beating the nation’s top news sites.
- This allows you to more efficiently find the reports most important to you.
We’re more defined.
Prominent labels have been added for specific content, such as opinions:
- We clearly delineate opinion-based content from our reporting, providing an added layer of transparency. Just look for the bright yellow label to help identify opinion content.
- Labels also provide classification for different content, such as analysis, reviews and exclusives.
- This new design ensures our evolving spectrum of viewpoints and voices is carefully identified.
It’s now easier to share content with your friends and family across social media.
- Social sharing icons are more prominent, making it simple for you to click and share.
- We’ve chosen to highlight the most popular social platforms — the ones you typically use to share.
And, we will continue to evolve. Commenting will temporarily be unavailable while we finish building a better experience within the new site. We understand that the capability for commenting provides opportunities to engage with not only us, but with each other, and we are working to bring it back as quickly as possible.
We are also updating our weather page for both desktop and mobile. In the meantime, you can find it in the navigation menu dropdown or at RGJ.com/weather.
This is journalism you can trust, and an experience you’ll love. From the investigative reporting to the reliable, local reporting you depend on — it’s all here. Thank you for your continued support of journalism that matters.